Sunday, March 16, 2014

More Worlds Colliding

Baby back ribs were on sale for .99 a pound at Meijer a few weeks ago. If I had the storage space and the money, I'd have bought every damn rack they had. Mmmmm... ribs....

I wanted to try something different, so I dressed the ribs up as if I was doing a lamb roast. The rub for the ribs was kosher salt, garlic, rosemary and a bit of olive oil. The salt, garlic and rosemary got smashed together with a pestle and mortar. After the garlic and rosemary were ground up with the salt, a bit of olive oil was added. It was mixed into a paste-like consistency. This was then generously applied to the ribs, that were slow cooked in the oven for about 3 1/2 hours at about 275.

I'm looking forward to doing this in the smoker as soon as the weather permits. Soon....

I did four racks, which was way too much for us to eat for dinner, so I brought some leftovers in for some co-workers.

And, with the last bits, I took the meat off the bone, chopped it up, mixed it with some mashed potatoes and then made spring rolls for a late night snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment